Slow tourism in the spotlight
The Hôtel de Verdun encourages you to explore the surroundings of Nevers by soft mobility. In addition to limiting the carbon footprint of your trip, you will also have a great slow tourism experience.
Several itineraries conducive to beautiful adventures await you in Nevers:
- The GR3, also known as the wild Loire on foot;
- The GR654, the road to Santiago de Compostela via Vézelay;
- The Eurovelo 6 which follows the Loire from the ocean to Saint-Brévin-les-Pins and continues its way along European rivers to the Black Sea.
Your bike is welcome! You can safely leave it on the patio, or even put it in your room if you prefer. The hotel offers cleaning and maintenance equipment.
If you wish to explore Nevers and its surroundings, 3 VTC bikes can be rented directly at the hotel for 5 € per bike per day. This is an opportunity to enjoy a nice bike ride, for example to the Bec d'Allier to discover the landscapes of Burgundy (25 km). The hotel also offers organized bike rides.
During your stay at the Hotel de Verdun, take the time to discover the Nivernaise city, which is home to a rich historical and cultural heritage. By following the blue route on the ground, you will be able to let yourself be guided by 2 itineraries through the richness of the city:
- The "Saint Martin - Saint Etienne" loop takes you through the shopping district, discovering the mansions and medieval residences;
- The "Les faïenciers" loop allows you to discover the old faïenciers' district, the cradle of local craftsmanship.
Don't miss to make long stops at the Ducal Palace, the Cathedral St Cyr Ste Juliette, the baroque Chapel Sainte-Marie or the earthenware museum.
As for nature, the Ver-Vert trail, a Natura 2000 site, allows you to admire the landscapes of the Loire plain.
So, are you tempted by a stay at the Hotel de Verdun? Book your getaway in this ecological hotel in Nevers.