Welcome to the Happy Hamlet, in Fauroux. This guest house in Tarn-et-Garonne is nestled in the sunny countryside of southwest France. Ideally located between Agen, Montauban and Cahors, and only one hour from Toulouse, it is the ideal place for a weekend away in Occitania.
Why come to the Happy Hamlet? >
A warm and welcoming guest house
Welcome to Suska and Nico, a Finnish-Czech and French couple who own the Happy Hamlet. They have succeeded in transforming a simple ruin into a beautiful haven of peace in the southwest of France.
Discover 13 hectares of green land with several buildings, including the 200 m² guest house, the highlight of the show. You can rent it in its entirety to accommodate up to 15 travelers in 5 rooms with 5 bathrooms. The soul of the place can be found in the decoration of the rooms, furnished with recycled furniture and offering all the modern comfort.
Common and outdoor spaces to recharge your batteries
The common area of the Happy Hamlet is located in the vast barn. This unusual space of 360 m² can accommodate up to 57 people.
With a semi-professional equipped kitchen, a platform with a breathtaking view of nature and an intimate dining room, it is the ideal place to meet with friends or to organize a private event (wedding reception, birthday, baptism, etc.) or professional event (meetings, workshops, company stays, etc.)
As for the outdoor spaces, The Happy Hamlet does everything possible to make you take full advantage of the beautiful nature of Tarn-et-Garonne with :
- A natural pool for swimming;
- Terraces for outdoor dining;A cosy sauna set up in a barrel;
- A petanque court;
- A volleyball, badminton court;
- A ping-pong table;
- Hiking trails accessible nearby;
- 5 bicycles made available to explore the region.
The Happy Hamlet is also a place to relax with regular retreats. Find out about upcoming sessions directly on the website and enjoy a variety of offerings:
- Yoga ;
- Art ;
- Coaching and personal development ;
What to do around this guest house in Tarn-et-Garonne ? >
Enjoy the many outdoor activities
Around the Happy Hamlet, take advantage of the many outdoor activities that await you:
- Canoeing or kayaking ;
- Climbing ;
- Via ferrata ;
- Canyoning ;
- Visit the caves of Pech Merle.
Don't miss to discover the capital of Tarn-et-Garonne during your stay at Happy Hamlet. Montauban has a lot to offer:
- Charming pedestrian streets, embellished by the magnificent Pont Vieux (Old Bridge) which spans the Tarn, to be admired during a pleasant stroll along the water's edge;The magnificent national square under the pink arcades which reminds us of Toulouse;
- The Saint-Jean-Baptiste de Villenouvelle church, of neo-Gothic style, with a magnificent stained glass window commemorating the First World War;
- The Villebourbon district on the left bank of the Tarn to discover the magnificent 17th century mansions and the Art Deco architecture It is also in this district that you will be able to soak up the past of the city which once prospered from the textile industry.
Discover the riches of the Tarn-et-Garonne
Beyond Montauban, the Tarn-et-Garonne region has many surprises in store for you:
- Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val. This small colorful and picturesque town on the Aveyron river will charm you with its pretty central square which hosts a lively market every Sunday morning;
- Bruniquel, one of the most beautiful villages in France, with beautiful stone houses and 2 castles, one from the 13th and the other from the 16th century, offering beautiful views on the Aveyron river;
- Moissac Abbey, classified as a World Heritage Site by Unesco, with a magnificent cloister. Nearly 1000 years old, it is a place filled with tranquility;
- Auvillar, built mostly of brick. Don't miss the clock tower and the triangular square with beautiful arcaded houses;
- Lauzerte, 4th favorite village of the French. This village perched above the Quercy Blanc will seduce you with its pretty white houses. Take a detour to the central square: a very welcoming place to live, with many shops that bring a real soul to the village.
In the heart of a magnificent wild and preserved nature, the owners of Happy Hamlet are committed to several concrete actions for the preservation of the environment:
The purchase of local products from nearby organic farmers;
A vegetable garden and an orchard to supply themselves on site;
- Homemade cleaning products;
- Goats serving as natural brush cutters on the estate;
- Awareness campaigns for visitors to sustainable tourism;
- A planting of a tree per reservation made; Home-made jams made with fruit from the orchard;
- Rainwater harvesting and use of the property's natural springs for water supply;
- Electricity saving measures.
Are you tempted by a stay at Happy Hamlet? Book your getaway in this beautiful guesthouse in Tarn-et-Garonne.