Close to Mykonos and Naxos, accessible by boat from the port of Piraeus, the island of Paros in the Cyclades promises you a stay between nature and culture that you will not forget.
Discover the towns and villages of the Cyclades island
What would a stay in Paros be without exploring the cities that shape the culture of the island? Do not miss :
- Parikia. Main port and capital of the island, its cobbled streets and typical white houses will put you in the atmosphere of Paros as soon as you arrive on the island. Several cultural sites allow you to deepen your visit: the basilica of Panaghia Katapoliani, the Byzantine museum of Paros or the archaeological museum;
- Lefkès. This village in the center of the island, perched on the heights of Mount Aghion Pandon, awaits you. Stroll through the white houses with flowers and blue shutters, typical of the Cycladic architecture.
- Then continue to the east of the island, towards Piso Livadi. Here, enjoy the taverns that serve traditional dishes and seafood, in an authentic and family atmosphere.
The natural sites of Paros
A myriad of natural treasures awaits you on Paros. Here are a few must-sees to include in your itinerary of the island:
- Golden Beach. One of the largest beaches on the island with sparkling fine sand promises a magical atmosphere at sunset. During the day, the conditions are ideal for kitesurfing or windsurfing;
- Kolibithres Beach. It is the most famous beach of the island and a few steps on its white sand will make you understand why. Grey rocks, transparent water, immaculate sand: enjoy a cameo of memorable colors;
- The butterfly valley, near the village of Pounta and the Monastery of Saint Arsene. It is in this unique place that several species of butterflies come to reproduce, all in a luxuriant vegetation near a natural water source. An invigorating and atypical break!
So, are you tempted by a stay at Paros Bay Hotel, an ecological hotel in Paros? Treat yourself to an unforgettable vacation in Greece in the Cyclades!